Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Diabetes Blog Week: Day 1

Diabetes Blog Week: Day 1
WILDCARD: Creativity comes in all shapes and forms, so take this where ever it leads you. Write a diabetes poem. Create some D-Art. Record a vlog. Write a diabetes song parody. Scrapbook, collage, sew, knit, crochet . . . . use your favorite creative outlet to create a diabetes project!

OK, so I'm a day late. But definitely richer for it. I spent my evening creating this piece of art.


Took me about an hour and a half and I had to do it primarily one handed because of the beautiful cast on my left arm. I was inspired by a mess created my my loving, four legged kids. They have a "no fail" way of letting us know that we should have taken them with us and on Mother's Day, they left me a pile of nearly 5000 puzzle pieces right in front of the door. Perhaps intended as a gift? I had been grappling with what to wrote for Day 1 of Blog week when it hit me, playing 5000 piece pick up and sorting out the shredded pieces of box and plastic bag, that I could wild card Day 1 with some art.

This is my first piece of D-art and I hope you all enjoy it. I promise to write more on the future posts!


For more on Diabetes Blog Week please visit Bittersweet Diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment