Diabetes Blog Week Day 4
Today let’s tackle an idea inspired by Bennet of Your Diabetes May Vary. Tell us what your Fantasy Diabetes Device would be? Think of your dream blood glucose checker, delivery system for insulin or other meds, magic carb counter, etc etc etc. The sky is the limit – what would you love to see?
Oh my good gravy! We can have some FUN with this one!
I already know what I want! And my birthday's coming! (in June, so it's really close!) I would like a device that is about the size of my Kindle Fire, and I want it to do ALL of the following:
- Integrated glucometer for measureing my blood sugars
- Integrated logging so I only have to check it and it shows up in the log (oh that would be nice)
- User friendly logging, for adding in my insulin and carb counts. I use dbees.com for logging and I love it. LOVE IT!
- OH! And a carb counting app that really has everything in it! No more SWAGging then looking it up online when I get home!
- Along those same lines, an app that figures out my boluses for me! I hate math.
- And since we are dreaming anyway, I want it to still do everything my Kindle does and have a slot for a memory card!