Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Diabetes Blog Week Day 2

Diabetes Blog Week Day 2
Living with diabetes (or caring for someone who lives with it) sure does take a lot of work, and it’s easy to be hard on ourselves if we aren’t “perfect”. But today it’s time to give ourselves some much deserved credit. Tell us about just one diabetes thing you (or your loved one) does spectacularly! Fasting blood sugar checks, oral meds sorted and ready, something always on hand to treat a low, or anything that you do for diabetes. Nothing is too big or too small to celebrate doing well!

Oh. My. Gosh. I'm sitting here wracking my brains trying to come up with the one thing I do well. I don't feel like I do aything well. Or, more exactly, each day it's only one phenomenal thing and never the same from one day to the next. Crap. What is there?
  • Change lancets - Nope. Wait, that's once a week, right?
  • Regularly check BS level - no where near as often as I should
  • Bolus for everything that enters my mouth - not so much, I'm still in the injection stone age and, frankly, it hurts!
  • Make bad jokes so I don't feel so bad for NOT being "perfect" - SPOT ON!
There it is! I'll be the first one to admit that I'm not perfect. In anything, let alone dealing with the Dia-dragon. But I do have a sense of humor to help keep everything in perspective. The humoristic sense is necessary to keep dealing daily with a disease that makes no sense. And I guarantee if I ever think I have MY dia-dragon slayed, he will get up and politely tell me the rules have changed. That's just the way he rolls.

In the meantime, this is how I feel:

No comments:

Post a Comment